The Future of Healthcare is a national conference, addressing arguably the country’s most pressing policy issue: the future of UK healthcare.
The Coronavirus pandemic has highlighted how a health crisis can shake the foundations of our National Health Service, impacting the population and country as a whole and bringing our former ways of life to a halt. It has also shown how cross sector collaboration and addressing inequalities are key to response and recovery. And, while the UK has been occupied with this immediate challenge, Covid-19 has also emphasised the other urgent public health matters that need attention. Health and care will be central to much of our future policy thinking, whether in innovation, technology, multilateral cooperation, economic growth, or the mitigation of climate change.
At this time of unprecedented crisis, bold, fresh policy thinking is more urgent than ever. The New Statesman, Britain’s leading political weekly, has been at the forefront of policy debate since its founding in 1913. With our Future of Healthcare Conference, The New Statesman and its Spotlight supplement will convene leaders from policy, business and academia to discuss the future of the UK’s health policy in the aftermath of the pandemic.
Through one-on-one interviews, panel discussions and live Q&As, eminent experts will discuss topics including big data in healthcare; the role of social care; the importance of mental health; as well as new strategies and approaches for tackling diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s.
2022's speaker line-up:
- Wes Streeting MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care
- Sir David Sloman, Chief Operating Officer, NHS England
- Dr Jenny Harries OBE, Chief Executive, UK Health Security Agency
- Jacqueline Totterdell, Group Chief Executive, Epsom & St Helier University Hospitals & St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Isabel Oliver, Interim Chief Scientific Officer, UK Health Security Agency
- Dr Habib Naqvi MBE, Director, NHS Race and Health Observatory
- Dr Lisa Cameron MP, Shadow SNP Spokesperson for Mental Health and Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Health Group (APHG)
- Paula Head, Policy, Value & Access Lead, Roche UK
- Stuart Corr, Techno-Commercial Director, Koura
- Dr Adrian James, President, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr Dilruwan 'Cham' Herath, Executive Medical Director, MSD UK & Ireland
- Liz Krymalowski, Deputy Head of Strategy, Policy and Strategy Joint Unit, Transformation Directorate, NHS England and Improvement
- Susan Rienow, Country President, Pfizer UK
- Janette Hughes, Director of Planning and Performance, Digital Health and Care Innovation Centre
- Richard Erwin, General Manager, Roche UK and board member, ABPI
- Dr Chris Smith, Founder and Managing Editor of the Naked Scientists website and Naked Scientists Podcast
- Professor Jill Manthorpe CBE, Director of the NIHR Policy Research Unit in Health & Social Care Workforce, King's College London
- Bhavesh Barot, Regional Vice President, UK & Ireland, Medtronic
- Gosia Bowling, National Lead for Mental Health, Nuffield Health
- Dr Mubasshir Ajaz, Head of Health and Communities, West Midlands Combined Authority
- Liam Smeeth, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology and Director, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Dustin Benton, Policy Director, Green Alliance
- Cllr Neil Nerva, Cabinet Member for Public Health and Adult Social Care, Brent Council and Vice Chair, Local Government Information Unit (LGIU)